Thursday, June 18, 2015

Footsteps

 There are days when I just want to settle down in a nice little house, lead a normal all American life and enjoy the fruits of living in a free country.  To stop traveling the roads for ministry sake but maybe travel for pleasure a few times a year.  To focus on my family, my dreams, my wishes, yeah, a ministry devoted to me.  Then I watch a two and half minute video and I re-focus again into being all God wants me to be for His sake.  
  
 I hope this video encourages your heart,   not to give, not to go but to be where ever God has you.  For Lisa, it's the jungles of Papua New Guinea. For Ace and I it's in southern California being Member Care reps for New Tribes Missions. 

I also hope you noticed the contentment in Lisa voice, and in her face.  It comes from "being" a child of God first, second from being obedient to Him, third from enjoying all God has for her and others, even in the sweaty jungles.  

With the passing of Elizabeth Elliot one has to wonder if there will be women to take her place, I say yes, I know a few, Lisa is one of them.   Women who give their all  ministering to other, for the sake of the gospel.  Women who believe and actually live out the commandments, to love God with all their hearts and love others.  Women who don't spent their time judging others or comparing themselves but women who take courage and say, here am I, God use me, Your way, in Your timing, and with Your power.  

 
                        

“The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” 
― Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment