Sunday, April 30, 2017

Through [Live]


Thank you God for the message in this song. 


                      

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” (Isaiah 43:2–3a, ESV).

Too often we’re searching for ways around deep waters and dangerous fires rather than through them. Have you ever experienced this? Have you tried to avoid a trial, only to have it move directly in front of you again? God is checking you, heading you off at the pass. He wants you to go through it. Not us! God leads us into difficulties and brings us through them so we can give Him the glory and be a testimony to all around us.  

Yesterday I talked to a man  who had heart surgery two weeks ago.  He was telling me how weak he was, hard to even get in and in and out of bed.  I assured him in couple months that will cease and he will be able to walk around more. God used my testimony of my recent heart surgery to comfort him.  God never waste a trial. 
It’s tempting to think, I can’t take much more of this! I’ve been treading water for so long. I’m tired and afraid I might sink. Hear this: Whatever you’re facing, you will get through it. You will not drown or be swept away. Yes, the water will feel deep, the fire will feel hot, but it won’t be too deep, too hot, or last too long. 
.That promise holds for you too. At this moment, God is watching your life, and at some point in this trial, He will say, “Enough.” You don’t need to falter. God’s hand is on the thermostat of your trial; the fire will not get too hot. He is watching the depth gauge of your flood; the waters will not get too deep. 
Have you come through a trial lately?    Or still waiting for God to say, enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment