Monday, January 15, 2018

Perfect Love Song




                      
For me to be hooked on a secular song that is not country and not about the Lord does not happen often.  But, hooked I am on Ed Sheeran song, "Perfect".  It, in my opinion is the most romantic song I have heard since Elvis sang, I Can't Help Falling In Love With You or the Righteous Brother belted out, Unchained Melody.  In my day those two songs played constantly on the radio.  I spent my hard earned money, 50 cents an hour for cleaning house for my neighbor to buy  the 45's records so I could play them over and over and over.  It was not only the words but the melody that went with the words that drew me to those songs.   You might forget the words but you could hum the melody in your sleep.

I love that God is into romance, it scattered through out a few books of the bible.  The one that is a classic  is Song of Solomon.  Think about it, the very title tells us it's a song and the very  first chapter is full of romantic words.  There are songs written in Hebrew about Song of Solomon.  I am adding a link if you want to listen to a song in Hebrew taken right from Song of Solomon.  https://youtu.be/zFPMIVi90lc


Chuck Swindoll states it this way...From courtship to marriage to the assurance of love, Song of Solomon poetically presents a broad range of events and feelings in the days leading up to and during marriage, offering encouragement toward an enduring love amid the petty jealousies and fears sure to threaten even the strongest of relationships.

Ed Shaeean has recorded his song with many people but the one I like the best is with Andrea Bocelli.  There is something about hearing the words of a  song sung in a different language that adds a different dimension to it because the melody does not change.  If you have time,  scroll back on up to the top and take a listen to what I call, a cold chill song.  

 To put a Christian spin on this post what love song from the Lord would you pick, Jesus Loves Me or Amazing Grace?? This is where my country gospel bend kicks in,  for my favorite is, The Greatest Of All Miracles.   Now you pick, what is your favorite romantic song, secular and Christian ?

 





No comments:

Post a Comment