Sunday, February 4, 2018

Where do you go?


Image result for picture of a sleepy personWhere do you go when you are discouraged, depressed, down in dumps or just plain blue?   Sleep was no where to be found for me the other night so I did what I usually do, turned to youtube for some good music.  After about a hour of listening to many uplifting songs I found myself returning to a  favorite.  Now you might ask yourself why this one, the music is not peppy,  and part of it is sung in Russian.
As a singer I love great harmony in any language which this song has.   Today our worship leader was explaining when a song has those minor cords in them it moves our hearts in a different way, gets it ready for a great ending.  You find a lot of Jewish songs have minor cord, also traditional folk music.  Some believe this song started in the slave field of the old South which makes sense to me.  It tells of a wayfaring stranger's hardships and struggle in this life and the final reward of reuniting with loved ones in the after life.


Isn't that us, all of us?  This world is not our home which is why the longing for our eternal home is there.

In the early years of my faith when I read any story from the bible I would always think, oh, I wish I had lived back then to see the story of Jesus.  Mary and Joseph traveling on that donkey.  The stable with the sheep, cows, manger.  Oh and the bright star, the shepherds.  Even those Old Testement stories, the ark, sea parting, Moses face when he came down from the mountain.  One after another story grew my faith, causing me to look back and in doing so my knowledge grew in the foundation of my faith.

It was not until I grew a little in my walk that I begin to look forward to His coming, me being with Him in heaven.  It takes a little heartache to cause a longing for the future.  My doctor and I was talking about my heart issue and how "lucky" I was to still be alive.  I told her my house in heaven was not finished yet and when it is done, and only then will God call me home.

 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 

 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:2-3







No comments:

Post a Comment