Monday, May 20, 2013

At My Lowest


  





When I was at my lowest, confounded by obstacle, I discovered an astonishing truth.  God is attracted to weakness.  He can’t resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.  Our weakness, in fact, makes room for His power.

Have you been there? What brought you out of it?  Or maybe I should ask, who brought you out of your lowest point?  Were you humbled?  What did God show you about yourself during that time?

I ask all that because several weeks ago I had a friend come to me about an issue in her life that was causing her to struggle with being obedient.  It was refreshing to witness a heart being humbled by God.   Refreshing to listen to a humble heart seeks answers according to the Word of God.  Which brings me back to the first paragraph which is worth repeating again.    "God is attracted to weakness.  He can't resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.  Our weakness, in fact makes room for His power. 

The ladies bible study I belong to has started reading Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life.  Bro. Warren says this, "real spiritual growth is never an isolated, individualistic pursuit.  Maturity is produced through relationships and community.  Just today I had the opportunity to be mature and say, I am sorry about something that offended someone.  At first I tried to say nicely I was being misunderstood.  The more I tried to defend myself, the deeper my pit got.  Only way to get out was to say I was sorry, can you forgive me?   And I really am sorry for the offence.  Yeah I am feeling pretty low right now, I just hate it when I mess up.  Which is why I needed reminded, God is attracted to weakness, (that's me) He can't resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him, (that's me too).  My "weakness", in fact make room for His power.  I just want to shout with written words....BRING ON THE POWER GOD.  Use this weak, broken, desperate old woman for Your Glory.

Link to:
http://jenniferdukeslee.com/tell-his-story/"