Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mercy


James 3:17 The wisdom that is from above is first pure, the peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, FULL OF MERCY and good fruit, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  (KJV) 

For the past couple months I have been in a bible study in the book of James.  It has been convicting to say the least for his style of writing cuts to the core...sort of in your face verses.

After one verse containing an  hello,  James  tells us to count it all joy when (not if) we fall into temptations, (1:12).  Follows that with verses on patience, wisdom, faith, double mindedness, the poor and rich, lust, sin...set up the next chapters with, 'be swift to hear and slow to speak (James 1:19)."  Honestly I do not recognize the renewed mercies  of God if I get this verse twisted.   If I am so busy complaining about my trial I will not be merciful with those around me.  If I am too busy gossiping I will not be exercising mercy.  

I love the headings in my KJV Bible that show James going from one subject to the next. 
True religion evidence by conduct...1:19-27
True faith impartial...2:1-13
True faith evidenced by works..2:14-26.
True faith evidenced by words...3:1_12
True and false wisdom...3:13-18
The appeal to hold fast...4:1-10
Faith defined...4:11-17
The miseries of the rich...5:1-6
The patience of the saints...5:7-12
And finally Prayer and confession. ..5:13-20

Everywhere I step in James  leaves me with bloodied toes from him not just stepping but standing on my feet looking me square in my face.    Don't you just love those who tell it like it is... James never leaves you guessing, he never just hints at a truth but click on the BOLD BUTTON with every word.  

Praise God, Praise God it's so encouraging to know He never runs out of mercy, it's new every morning for I always use up yesterdays allotment  and like manna it cannot be stored up for tomorrow...it's brand spanking every morning.

                            What is God teaching you lately about the  mercy of God?