Friday, March 1, 2013

Below the Surface



Of course I love anything to do with missions but this clip made me think about the beliefs of  many people here in the developed country of America.  Often I have heard the phrase, "oh I hope I am going to heaven."  Or, "I think I have done enough good to make it to heaven."   Those words make me want to dig a little deeper into their foundational beliefs.  The better we understand what a person believes, we also gain an understanding into why they do what they do. 

I have said this before but it is worth repeating...without a firm foundation built on the Word of God, anything else is built on sand and will crumble easily.  There are certain groups that would say, leave those people in their natural beliefs but these care nothing for the souls of people or for that matter their daily lives of slavery to fear of their dead ancestral spirits. 

Ace and I have been in this village, it's the one with the postage stamp airstrip that has a take off like a roller coaster ride.  These three families have worked as a team under physically, emotional and spiritual hardship to bring the whole pure truth of God.  I was challenged to take time and build a relationship with people aound so they would let me below their surface.  It is there the issue of their beliefs live.  

I have had to make a cross of two logs, and lie down on it, to show the Indians what it means to crucify a man.  Jim Elliot
    

Most of us will not reach a village at a time but is there one or maybe two God has brought into your life and encouraged you to get, "below their surface"?