Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Profound thought

This is a quote from a Beth Moore study we ladies are doing from her book, Jesus One and Only. She say, "God is many things: a ruling God, a righteous God, a judging God, a holy God. He is also a feeling God. He feels for us--not only when we are innocent victims of a depraved world. He also feels for when we are drowning in misery as a consequence of our own sin. He who knows no sin feels for us who do.
As I meditate on the prayer of Zechariah in Luke 1:68-79,especially verse 77-78, on the "tender mercy" that God has for me a warmness invades my soul as I thought about His mercy being new every morning. (Lam. 3:21-23) I don't have to draw from the mercy He showed me yesterday, every day it's fresh. There is something about the word "fresh" that make us want to seek it out, it lifts our spirit when we find it, gives us hope.
It makes me think about our market here in PNG and how I seek out the fresh veggies and fruits and when I find them how excited I am and look forward to a great meal coming from the purchase. Being "wise hearted" means seeking out the fresh tender mercies of the Lord daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment