Monday, December 29, 2014

Wisdom comes in all ages.


The fear of death follows from the fear of life.
A man who lives fully, is prepared to die at any time.

-
Mark Twain

Our three year old grandson, Austin told me the other day he wanted to die and  go to heaven.  Then he asked,  Grandma are you going to die and go to heaven? I assured him I was.  What amazed me was his lack of fear of dying and heaven.  After reading  the quote above I think I understand.   

He has no fear of life.

He gets up every day knowing his needs will be met even though he understands nothing of what it takes to meet his needs.    Austin is full of life that spills out of him in laughter and giggles with plenty of hugs and words of love.   He is always ready for the next adventure with his Grandpa, whether it be a walk to the park or a new game to play.  
 
Does Austin understand fully what death is...of course not,  but then do I understand it fully?   I think Austin thinks "death" is just part of "life".

Two thousand and fourteen had some great lessons but I think this was the best, taught by a sweet ginger headed three year old. 

What was you favorite lesson of 2014?





No comments:

Post a Comment