Monday, April 23, 2018

Make It Count...

This is a re-post from 2015 that I felt needed to be put out there again.  I am still asking God to make my burdens count, help me to see His glory as I walked through a trial, give me peace and wisdom as I have to make decisions everyday that affect others. 

Lately I've had a burden that seems to put me in a downtrodden state because  my focus is the burden.  Needing a lift I turned  to a song by Gordon Mote.  I am going to miss His glory that surrounds this  burden if my perspective is self centered.   

One thing for sure, my burden is not going to go away over night, in fact there is no guarantee it will ever go away.   A friend sent me a great post yesterday containing three words that kept rattling around in my mind.  Powerful words that lifted my spirit as I reverted back to them in the middle of my burden.  "Make it count".


As I listen the to the words in the song, I begin to pray those three words combined with the title of the song.   God, make it count, this burden that I carry, make it count and please don't let me miss your glory in the midst of it.                             

  1. If you don’t see the greatness of God then all the things that money can buy become very exciting. If you can’t see the sun you will be impressed with a street light. If you’ve never felt thunder and lightning you’ll be impressed with fireworks. And if you turn your back on the greatness and majesty of God you’ll fall in love with a world of shadows and short-lived pleasures.
John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment