Sunday, January 10, 2021

Dwell Deep






For the last two years my word has been deep, go deep with the Lord.  This year I am going to stay with the theme and chose the word, Dwell.  It's one thing to go deep but to stay there is another.  Life has a way of forcing us to rise to the flesh and make decision and choices from  an earthly mindset.  

When I was young in the Lord, I heard this saying, don't be so heavenly minded you are no earthly good. 

At  that stage of my journey with God I thought, yeah, that's right, don't want to drive people away from me by being a Jesus freak.      Now after walking a few miles with Him I know, believe, that when I lean on Him and not my flesh or the worldly wisdom I am content, and make fewer mistakes. Don't misunderstand me, I am never perfect but He who lives in me is.  

Maybe it's because I am older, and not as busy as I was when younger that I have more time to wait and respond instead of react to what comes into me that I can stay dwelling deep with Him.  I am more heavenly minded in a serious way.  

I think it's because I have more understanding to God's ways then I did when I first started this journey.  My prayer in my early years was, teach me Lord, give me wisdom from above, teach me your ways.  And as best I could when I knew His way I have tried to walk on Calvary's Rd. , knowing I would slip off at times but His ways would light a way back on the Road with Him.  

Here I am a few days from 74 still praying the same prayer, take me deep Lord, help me to dwell there with you.  Deep is where the sweetness is, the pure wisdom from The Lord. One cannot stay in the shallow end of life and grow, mature, be all God's wants us to be.  

To dwell I must pray, pray, pray. 

I humbly hand over my heart to You, and I say, “Lord, here’s my heart, search me and know me, show me anything in my life that is keeping me from being as close as I can be with You.”

“Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139:23-24 NIV)

As You show me these things in my heart and in my life, Holy Spirit, will You show me what You would like me to do? Will You show me how to let go of these things? Will You show me if there is any unforgiveness or pride in my heart?

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” (Psalm 51:10-12 NIV)

Anything I am hanging on to that belongs to You, anything that I have willingly allowed into my life that is not in alignment with You and Your ways, I lay it down at the foot of the cross. I surrender all to You, Lord Jesus. Thank you for taking these burdens, Lord. Thank you for what You did on the cross to set us free from death. In You I have victory! I praise You, Jesus!


9 comments:

  1. Great thoughts Betty. I am convinced there is no retirement with Jesus. To continue to want to go deeper in my relationship and walk with Him is a must. I applaud your zeal to continue to know Him. I want that same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree whole heartily. I have spent a lot of time in the hospital this year and there is great food for thought as one lays in a hospital bed. I realized how lazy I have gotten in my zeal for Him. My zeal to get well or if possible reverse the aging process was over shadowing Him. My last time in hospital was even more revealing and I put to practice some of the things I have just been thinking. What a difference it made, not just to me but to those who were taking care of me. I know, I want my remaining days on earth to count. Blessings brother.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this timely post. Our pastor preached on Psalm 51 yesterday. In these days of turbulence in our land, I believe we each must examine our own hearts and draw closer to the Lord and seek that renewal of a steadfast and willing spirit. I believe we are going to be witnessing unprecedented attacks on our faith and way of life, and we need to draw closer to the Lord and dwell there. Thank you. I hope you are feeling better. Been praying for you as I waited for updates. Trusting God is healing you and renewing your strength day by day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am feeling better, still get tired easily and need to get back to some exercise but feeling better.

      Delete
  3. Inspiring reminders to all of us, Betty. Not only must we go deep into the Lord and His plans for us, but we must dwell there at His feet, awaiting His word and His message to our hearts.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My desire to make life count for the glory of God is fueling my days now. I got tired of of dwelling in my sickness and pain and it was dragging family down. It's a battle and we can win if we dwell on purpose.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Betty! I love how you're combining dwell and deep. Just thinking how that's what God desires for us ... dwelling deep with Him.

    I hope each day finds you stronger and more encouraged. Your new website background is so calming ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessing Linda, thanks for commenting. I read your latest post today and loved the quotes from the book, put one of them on my facebook wall. Blessings and thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks. гидра тор

    ReplyDelete