Friday, December 23, 2022

Late

 

There sits part of my Christmas card, addressed, nice words written inside the card, enveloped and ready for stamps.  There is no reason I did not get them done and sent other then I put everything else before the task.  After years and years of doing this because I wanted everyone to think I was a super woman at anything needing done.  

The last week and half has been a reminder that some deem Christmas card sending still important.  Two days before Christmas and we have gotten six cards and I have sent out none.  I especially did the personal one first, you know close family, close friends and thought how loving I was being to these people thinking of them first.  Then came the churches that has supported us all these years.  They usually post it on top of the last update on a special board especially for missionaries.  

What is happening in my mind that I would let this good thing slip and come to this place.  I think my priorities are changing as I age. Lord knows I had enough time to do this.  Yet there they sit, no stamp, a reminder of my failure. 

There sits part of my Christmas card, addressed, nice words written inside the card, enveloped and ready for stamps.  There is no reason I did not get them done and sent other then I put everything else before the task.  After years and years of doing this because I wanted everyone to think I was a super woman at anything needing done.  

The last week and half has been a reminder that some deem Christmas card sending still important.  Two days before Christmas and we have gotten six cards and I have sent out none.  I especially did the personal one first, you know close family, close friends and thought how loving I was being to these people thinking of them first.  Then came the churches that has supported us all these years.  They usually post it on top of the last update on a special board especially for missionaries.  

I know I am not alone in this for we have only received six cards and half of them were just a family picture, which I love, I keep those but the card I throw away.   

This is about all I can say on this subject, but I want to leave you with a good thought.  Jesus not only came to die for our sin but from the guilt of whatever we feel guilty about.  Thankful for His unconditional love and mercy this Christmas.

                                                           MERRY CHRISTMAS 



3 comments:

  1. It's Merry Christmas with or without the cards arriving on time, Betty. May you and yours celebrate this season of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Martha. Despite all the chaos made by weather, God is still on His throne. He is not impressed with my years of sending cards. He was and still is concern about my heart motive.

      Delete
  2. To quote you, "Jesus not only came to die for our sin but from the guilt of whatever we feel guilty about. Thankful for His unconditional love and mercy this Christmas." So true. I have pondered His forgiveness so much as I age. We truly need a Savior, a Redeemer. Jesus is the perfect One for that!

    I think lots of people understand your feelings about Christmas cards, I do. Cut yourself some slack. (a lot of it, actually).

    ReplyDelete