Friday, January 20, 2023

Trust...how sweet it is.

 



Thoughts on trusting

Every Christian knows this verse, yet it takes years of trusting until it become second nature or possible our first nature, which means Christ is ruling our heart.  

As believers we all talk a good trust talk but, it's one thing to intellectually know we are supposed to trust God in hard times...but what does that look like?

Don't know who wrote this but it resonated with me.  Trust is the cornerstone of every relationship, communication, and all work happening in the world. You cannot make things work out efficiently for a long time if you don't trust in people and the processes.  (Can I get an amen?)

I have realized lately that my trust has gotten sweeter, and I think it's because since 35 I have practiced trusting God on a daily basis. Many times, I trusted in tears, shaking with fear, slipping and sliding through the trials that breaks my heart.  Only to come back to the one who is worthy to trust.   

Trusting is an action word of the soul.  It's a verb not a noun that requires for us to put it into action before we feel that trust.  And that is why it has grown sweeter the longer I live.  There is such a calmness that comes over one when we are walking in trust.  Our world may be in turmoil, loss may be our burden, answers may evade our heart, but we can still put into action our trust because of who is the foundation of our trust.  

As much as humans can love there might come a time that love is not enough because trust has been broken.  It's hard to stay in a relationship when trust is broken.  We all want those we trust to stand strong even though we often don't.  

I have to put trust and expectations together because that is how trust gets broken.  Almost all my expectation for others and myself shatter in light of what the Bible teaches about we humans and our frailty.  I am glad God put verses in the Bible about taking heed to not judge others for their sins as if ours are not as bad.  Thankful He made room for I John 1:9.

So, how did trust become so sweet in light of being hurt deeply and disappointed through my 76 years.  I can boldly tell you it's because I have and still letting go of expectations for others and myself and putting fully my trust in God   I fully belong to someone who loves me unconditionally and with that knowledge I can forgive when I need to and as many times as I need to.   I can place all hurts and disappointment in His lap.  Every time someone fails me, or I fail myself or another I take that misplaced trust and put it on Jesus.  So my trust in Him has grown through the years and that is where the sweetness comes from.  He is able to take my trust in Him and give me peace in this world.  


The more I trust Him, the more I love Him
Nothing good for me He'll deny
The longer I know Him, the better I can show Him
I couldn't stop now if I tried

It gets sweeter as the days go by
It gets sweeter as the moments fly
His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter
Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by

Oh, the moment He saved my His good grace He gave me
He place His love down deep in my heart
There's great joy in knowing with Him I am going
And never more from Him to depart

It gets sweeter as the days go by
It gets sweeter as the moments fly
His love is richer, deeper, fuller, sweeter
Sweeter, sweeter, sweeter as the days go by


6 comments:

  1. Wow, a dear friend sent me a link to your post & I’m thankful for that. Such an encouraging msg from your heart straight to my heart. Thank you & God’s continued blessings on you. FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. i tried to get to your site but couldn't. Is there a way I can get to your blog post? Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Amen! I'm reminded of the hymn Tis So Sweet to trust in Jesus. I'm in a place right now where I really need to put my complete trust in the Lord. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, love that hymn. Thank you for stopping by my site. Blessings

      Delete
  3. Trust is where it begins and where it ends . . . As we get older, we understand more fully that God has never once betrayed the trust we've placed in His hands.
    Blessings, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for a fuller understanding of trust and other aspects that come with aging. Hope all is well at you place Martha. Blessings.

      Delete