Thursday, June 1, 2023

Just wait

 

AA friend told me at 60, just wait till you hit your 70’s. Her comment has proved too true. At 70 I had open heart surgery, two bypasses, 19 days in hospital due to complications, 14 pounds lighter I went home to heal. A few months later, same year I had my knee replace. So far it was the most painful recovery.

Just wait, there is more.

After those two medical issues we moved to northern Minnesota where they winters are brutal, summer are short, almost no spring but beautiful in the fall. Any move is hard but moving in your 70’s takes more energy then I had most of the time. Covid’s hit and it did a number on me which required some surgery and for about three months I had a tube in my kidney for the urine to drain into a bag. Had a couple of stays in the hospital due to infections that kept cropping up in my badder. My right kidney does not work, the left one is working about 30 percent.

Just wait,

In the past year my health has declined due to my heart, kidneys and then I developed a sciatic nerve issue, a very painful one. I did therapy for about four three months, finally I am able to walk without a cane. After an MRI revealed my back was a mess I finally will see the surgeon in a few weeks. He will either give me an injection or surgery.

Just wait,

For several months I have been having a lot of heart angina, and a stress test revealed there is more, blockage on the left side of my heart. This will come first before the spine issue.

Just wait…I know it sounds like a lot and it is, but one thing I am conscious of is I am getting closer to heaven. Daily I am thankful for the era I was born in, great minds have come up with so much treatment for so many of what ails us. If I lived a 100 years ago I am sure I would have died early. I am one of the privileged ones who have gotten to live into my winter years where I am reaping from those great minds that figured out how to do transplant. I love living more than I ever did, I love waking up even if I am in pain and knowing I have another day to serve Him.

Just wait…“

 John 16:33 Jesus says, Take heart! I have overcome the world.”heaven is next and I am looking forward to no more pain, no more tears, no more trouble. My faith has been tested and tried over and over and the Lord has proved Himself and the Word over and over too.

 friend told me at 60, just wait till you hit your 70’s. Her comment has proved to

6 comments:

  1. If anyone has been through the wringer, Betty, it's you. I'm so sorry to hear about all your suffering, but your attitude is perfect. One day, you'll be home with Jesus.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Martha. I'd appreciate prayer that they can do stints in the new heart blockage. Our son and family are schelude to visit for 10 days around that time and it's the only time they can come up. Heaven is getting sweeter as the days go by is my theme. Just knowing a little tiny bit about heaven helps to remember. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you certainly have had a difficult time and it apparently isn't over yet. But God. He is there with you and He's given you such a wonderful spirit, so that you can share your faith with others even in the midst of the trials and tribulations. May the Lord continue to give you grace and peace for your days ahead. And yes, I believe we are all getting closer to heaven each day, and I know I am looking forward to it more and more as the days go by. So thankful that this world is not our final home. We are just passing through. Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son ask me when I was struggling with my kidneys if I was afraid of dying. I just don't want to suffer because if suffer then my family will suffer too. I expected aging to bring on ailments for our bodies are meant to decay. No way I would want to enter heaven with this body, that robe of righteousness won't go on an earthly body but it will slip on a heavenly one. Perspective, perspective can take us through a trial if we just look to Him for it

      Delete
  4. Thanks for reminding me of one more thing Bill. Thank God I don't have it bad, yet. But I bet if i live to be 100 I more bones will be hurting more. The word teaches we mature through our suffering and i know for a face my 76 years had brought wisdom I would have never had without suffering. I just ask the Lord today if I could please have stents instead of open heart surgery. We'll see. Whatever give will should help me though. Good to hear from you Bill. I will confess this suffering has kept me off the computer a lot. Bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lord bless you and keep you, make His face to shine upon you and give you peace. Yes, waiting is a lifelong lesson for all of us. When we choose to accept it, we tend to fare better. But we do have to remind ourselves of that. I'm with you on that. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

    ReplyDelete