Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Fragile people often possess a hidden strength that isn’t immediately apparent. Their resilience lies in their ability to endure challenges, adapt, and persist despite their vulnerabilities. Like delicate flowers that withstand storms, these individuals demonstrate remarkable inner fortitude.

Strength doesn’t always manifest as physical power; it can also be emotional, mental, or spiritual. Fragile people may face adversity with grace, empathy, and compassion. Their sensitivity allows them to connect deeply with others and appreciate life’s nuances.

In essence, fragility and strength coexist. It’s the delicate balance between vulnerability and resilience that defines their unique power. So, yes, fragile people can indeed be remarkably strong.

Read the above and was stirred to get back to writing.

I was a little shocked to see how long it had been since I wrote something for my blog. Glad was the next emotion I felt because I knew I had done the right thing for me to help me recovery from some health issue I went through. My last stage of recovery was continuing to be inactive longer that I wanted to as I started to feel better.

At 77 I still want to do so much more than my body can handle which means I must deal with the mental part of recovery. It's being disciplined to doing what is right for you in face of my mind telling me to do, to go, to push, push, push.

In this struggle I thought about how Jesus came apart and got away from the push of the crowd. I don't think it had anything to do with his physical body, but His mental state of mind and He needed to connect with His Father.

There was times I did not want to go to church because I could not handle caring people asking me how I was doing. That finally passed and now I am teaching the ladies bible study again and loving it.

I don't see myself as a discipline person, just give me chocolate and you will see it clearly yourself. But trusting the Lord through this last health issue has been a walk of discipline, going against my feeling often and reaping the good from that. My family still do not want me to drive even though I believe I can without anything bad happening. Frailty when it hits the body and mind affect those who love you too, and they only want to protect. So I must trust the ones that God has given me to know at times what is best for me.

God has been so good to me through my family, friends, doctors, nurses and there is nobody I would rather has walk this path with me then Jesus.

It's good to be back to the blogging world.

8 comments:

  1. And it's so good to have you back, Betty, but you are speaking the truth that most of us want to send to the back-burner. How can it be that we are no longer able to do the things we used to do? With what Danny and I have been through recently, I have been facing these tough questions. I've decided that the only answer I have is simply to lean on God for His wisdom and grace.
    He will provide for you, dear one, and He will provide for me.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your comment I jumped over to your blog site, scrolled down to find the piece on Danny pacemaker. Not only did I quit writing for a while, I also quit reading others post till yesterday. I will pray Martha for you and Danny and especially his health. My husband is facing a tumor that is cancer in one of his kidneys whch they are just watching now to see if it grows. They do not want to operate unless its life or death because of his heart. Frailness is hard to deal with unless we do lean on the Lord. He took it on when He said, I will go Father and be that ultimate sacrifice for all those frail people. He seen that frailness in those in those at the cross when He said, Father forgive them, they know not what they do. So often I don't know what to do and that is when I turn to my own wisdom instead of His. Yes, we are all frail but we are loved with the strongest love that cannot be broken or taken away from us. I pray today is a good day for you and Danny. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that God has brought you through this difficult time and has restored you back to the point of being able to lead your ladies' Bible study again and now you are back to blogging. It is good to hear from you and know that you are doing so much better. That is encouraging to us. Seeing what you wrote about strength jumped out at me, as "Strength" is my "one word" for 2024. I am thankful for the ways that God is helping me to get stronger in many ways as well. I've been dealing with issues in my arm, neck, and back for sometime, particularly my left arm, and I am left-handed. It's been a frustrating journey, but finally healing is taking place and I am regaining strength back again little by little. I am so thankful for that healing. We don't realize how much something like a weak arm/shoulder can affect our whole psyche, spirit and attitude until we are faced with it. I found myself retreating from doing so many things as well, and not feeling like people really understood because I look just fine. But I am thankful that it was nothing worse and I am so grateful to God for His power to restore us in every way. Praying for you and your hubby too. God is our strength and song...that is something I am so thankful for... Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I think we have been walking the same story in our journey. I am just getting back to reading and writing for the blog world. And God did not waste my time as I recovery, He is alway teaching us how to be more like Him with each new situation we find ourselves in. It takes so little to put me down at this age. One thing I am grateful for is the health issue was not while we were serving overseas. Being sick in the good old USA has its advantages. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Its so good to hear from you. I'm sorry you are going through a health issue. I know your Bible study ladies are happy to have you back. I'm dealing with tremors which I take medication for regularly. Stress makes them worse and that's when I need to lean on Jesus the most. I'm glad we have Him to run to when the going gets rough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina for stopping by my site. My mother had tremors for years and it seem whatever they were giving her did not help. Now she is with Jesus and no more tremors. This old world is full of tremors that will be taken care of when Jesus comes to get His family. Blessings

      Delete
  5. Good to see you back Betty but sorry to hear about the physical aches and pains of both you and Ace. Praying for his health and for you to gain strength as well. We serve and awesome God (the only time I use that word) who can do far more than we can ask or think. BTW: had a chance to meet Floyd and have lunch with him. Wonderful man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Bill, I am so glad you got to meet Bill, he is exactly as he wrote. I am three years away from 80 and it blows me away when I think about it. My daughter liken my return to this level of health as a miracle. Her and her Dad was there in the hospital when it was the worst. Between my heart which they can no more for it and my kidneys which they could. I had stints put in the artery from my heart going into my kidneys which were almost completly block. The doctor said I was the right patient ,with the right blockage in the right place for it to work. By the next day I could tell the difference. There is more blood flow to my kidneys now. I go to Mayo in April for a test to really see how things are doing. I am back to teaching my Ladies Bible study which I love. We are all just one breathe away from meeting our Savior so I am not taking all this lightly. Hope all is well for you and yours Bill. It's good to be back. Blessings brother.

      Delete