Monday, April 1, 2024

Even If



I love the message in the song, Even If, by Mercy Me. It came on this morning as my husband was surfing on YouTube because it's a favorite, so it crops up a lot. And when it does, I have to play it and sing along in my shaky, not so good anymore voice. (The last bout with Covid destroyed my voice).

When a writer of a song such as Even If puts music to the words, music that rises and falls with the emotions and passion of the song, listeners can only stop and think about their own life. I play this song often to start our lady's bible study to help us stop thinking in their perspective and start thinking of God's perspective. Every time it stops what conversation was going on and all us ladies soak in the message of the song.

At first, I was going to post the song, but the words alone are enough to draw us closer to our Lord. They are enough to set our minds on Him and not ourselves. They are enough to plough our hearts soft and make them ready for the Holy Spirit to works in us through our study.

The enemy of our soul does not want us to focus on God alone. He would rather we let our thoughts run to worry, or anger or any negative thought about our life. There can be fear of what others think if we focus on God all the time. One thing I have learned is His thoughts will drive out the worry and anger, etc. Read the words below of the song, write them out and put them before you. Let your eyes and ear be open to Him as you focus on Him no matter what is happening in your life. You can't stop life from throwing some pretty heavy blows, but He understands that He took all the blows of all the sins of the world on Him. It's still Easter today and tomorrow and forever.

Verse 1]
They say sometimes you win some
Sometimes you lose some
And right now
Right now I'm losing bad
I've stood on this stage
Night after night
Reminding the broken it'll be alright
But right now
Oh, right now, I just can't

[Pre-Chorus]
It's easy to sing
When there's nothing to bring me down
But what will I say
When I'm held to the flame
Like I am right now?

[Chorus]
I know You're able
And I know You can
Save through the fire
With Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is
You alone

4 comments:

  1. Such lovely words for great encouragement in a world that seems to have completely turned its back on our savior. Hope your Easter was wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard a great message EAster Sunday. The words will stay with me for a while to muse upon. Today is still EAster for us who believe. Blessings

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and inspirational lyrics, Betty! And you're so right - everyday is Easter for those who believe in our risen Lord.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chorus is embedded on my heart and it comes to mind often. Life has a whole lot of 'even if You don't' moments, but God is so faithful, His character so kind, His judgements so wise. I'm so grateful for those mercies that are new every morning and those promises that He will keep forever!

    ReplyDelete