Saturday, September 4, 2021

 


Have you even been called, "extreme", concerning your faith? Have you had someone to say, "you need to cool it with that religious stuff"!

,If you have, then you realize you do not fit in with the world view and this is sad to say, sometimes not in Christian circles. 

 Last night I sit with a bunch of younger than me women, and listened to their conversations. Not once did they talk about the Lord, not once. What they did do was talk about other people issues, not their issues, but others issues. The bible calls it gossip. It was hard to keep my mouth shut, this radical Jesus believer wanted to call them out for their gossip. At one point I thought maybe, I should say, hey, wait a minutes, why don't we stop and pray for the ones they were talking about. But I didn't...my bad, I felt awful about not saying anything. I am sure a couple would have been offended but maybe I am wrong about that too. Anyway, I can't stop thinking about it. One reason is I am one of the, "older women the bible talks about that is suppose to teach the younger ones.

I am going to order a book titles, Faithfully Different by Natasha Crain. Read a post on it this morning and was convicted again for not saying anything last night. I am wondering if I am still an extreme believer? When did I slip into a worldly world view and worry about offending others by calling forth truth.

The author of the book says, the worldview that surrounds us is putting significant pressure on what we believe, how we think, and how we live. She goes onto say, she wrote the book to help Christians clearly understand the fundamental difference between secular and biblically worldview, both for the strength of our own faith and for our ability to be salt and light to others.

,I have to ask myself, when did I lose my extreme biblical world view? When did I stop shifting everything I heard through the Bible worldview. What stopped me from saying something as I listen to that extreme gossip. We, and I say we, because even though I did not enter into the conversation, I sit listening to it. So, what stopped me from calling it out, in love, and say, hey girls, lets just pray for this couple we are gossiping about. When did it get ok to gossip?

The most foundational difference between those with a biblical worldview and those with a secular one is our source of authority.

Therefore to him or her that knows to do good, and does it not, to him it is sin. James 4:17. My biblical world view was confronted last night and I failed to hold to it. God help me to be salt and light in the darkness that can even surround a group of Christian women just sitting around talking.

Last night was a wake up call for me, one I am happy to be woke from. Grateful for His love despite my failures to be His mouth piece.

You might think I am being a little too hard on myself, I think not. You see, I pray to be one of those extreme Godly women and that conviction that has hit my heart I am thankful for. I believe I am called to be extreme in God's authority and His Word.  

9 comments:

  1. I've been where you are, Betty, hesitant to bring up my Christian values when my influence could have made a difference. May we all stay strong in the Lord and speak up for Him when we know in our hearts that it's the right thing to do.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I probably should have said something, not in a nasty way but a reminder of gossip is a sin. I pray too for the courage to speak up and the the ability to say it with love.

      Delete
  2. It is not always easy to speak up when we feel a bit "outnumbered", but as we pray silently in these situations oftentimes God gives us the opportunity to "speak a word in season",
    “The Lord God has given Me
    The tongue of the learned,
    That I should know how to speak
    A word in season to him who is weary." Isaiah 50:4

    But sometimes it is better to just pray silently, and God will give us the opportunity at another time to correct the situation in a way that will be acceptable to those who might have otherwise been offended. Pray for wisdom...God will show you a way to get His message across without being too confrontational. Sometimes we can drive those away whom we want to be able to help and lost all opportunity. So just pray for the right words at the right time, and I believe He will give that to you. All is not lost. God is giving you a chance to get the right words together for the right time when it will make the best impact. Praying for you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there will be a right time in the future because the Lord has already given me words to say when He provides the time. In fact, just today I was able to share my heart with one of the women that was in that group while we were alone in her car. She agreed with me and we will be praying together more often. Thanks Pamela for our comments.

      Delete
  3. I'm good one-on-one. In groups - not so much. I know exactly what you experienced. May he grant us all boldness, no matter the size of the group. Thank you for sharing this struggle, Betty. For I sure struggle with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take some discernment from the Lord on knowing when to speak up. I have obeyed and been blessed for it and a couple times been told off for it. One couple stopped following me on facebook. Now, I am a people please from way back but the more I grow in my knowledge of Him the more I want to please Him and not others. Yes, yes, yes, pray for boldness for me and I will pray for you to have boldness.

      Delete
  4. This is so good. I've been bothered about this subject and wonder how one can stay away from gossiping even just listening. Then we have to deal with guilt feelings and regret. When does a prayer request become gossip? I liked Pamela's answer. Oh to speak little and listen much, to know 'when' to speak, in wisdom and love. ~ Thanks for your posts. They are thought provoking. ~ Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose to just listen that night and knew all along I would have to deal with this issue. I got my first opening today as I was alone with one of those ladies. That conversation came up and I told her how convicted I was over my little part in it and why I just shut up and listened. She was very receptive of which I am thankful and she too was convicted about the gossip. Not one person was helped by our conversation, not one. And God was not pleased and I was convicted, good lesson and one I do not want to forget. Because I am one of the older women of that group I feel I failed them in leading the right way and I told the younger women that. I apologized for not speaking up that night. Most things in life come down to pleasing ourselves, others or the Lord. He gives us a choice everytime and that night I chose wrong. I will be more alert to it the next time and I am trusting Him for courage to act upon what I know to do what is right. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Rajani for visiting my post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete