Monday, June 17, 2024

NOW

 


Today I was reading some of my old post and thought if I could go back, I would use the phrase, " where we live "NOW" emphasis on "NOW". It fits much better than just writing or saying, "where we live".

I do believe there are some who have not kept up with us who still think we are serving in Bolivia, South America, or in Papua New Guinea. 

"NOW", we reside in northern Minnesota, next door to our daughter and family.  It's the place I would never want to live because of the winters, but circumstances change all the time.  And we are grateful for the little place they fixed up for us, it's cozy and warm in these long cold winters.  We are also grateful for the great relationship we have with our daughter and her husband.  


  • “Don’t get caught up in thinking about the past or the future—live in the now!”
  • “Be present in your own life.”
  • “All you have is this moment. Don’t let it slip away.”
  • “Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you’ll never get the same moment twice.”
  • “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.”
 
I like all those quotes above, but I find more power to live in the present from a Bible verse that I am sure most of you know.  I have been quoting it a lot lately because I found myself stuck in thinking about the past.  This verse is an action verse, because thinking is mental action, and I choose what I think on every day.  It requires me to on purpose change my thinking on my now.  


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


Are you living in your past, future or present?  


8 comments:

  1. Once again you love up to the name here, Wise Hearted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi for the encouragement. Blessings

      Delete
  2. If more people would take Philippians 4:8-9 seriously, this would be an amazing, caring and loving world, indeed, Betty. I'm glad to know that you are now living in a place where you can be close to your daughter and son-in-law. May we never take our families for granted and be grateful for them.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that was the only verses I knew as a believer it would be enough to keep my heart from straying too long. It is wonderful to live right next door to our daughter, she is such an encouragement to us.

      Delete
  3. I agree with all you have said regarding not living in the past, and we must not live in the future - for we know not what tomorrow brings. Becoming a child of God as a born again believer is an ongoing journey as each of us is taught God's ways and thoughts. God bless you with all He has for us in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only future I want to rest in is Him coming back to end this madness in our world. I am His and He is mine..

      Delete
  4. Living in the past is a dead end in more ways than one. I prefer to fully live in the present with an eye to the future and trust that God knows what is best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindsight brings insight and makes our hearts ready for the future. I really don't worry much about it except I am praying for my love ones who do not know the Lord as their Savior. Hope all is well with you and Jo and family. Blessings

      Delete