Thursday, July 4, 2024

Freedom


Facebook always ask what I am thinking today so I answered with this battle cry. Freedom is on my mind today. Only one thing shows the strength and power of freedom then this iconic scene in Braveheart.

In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom."

In the year of our Lord 2024 we need to show the strength and power of free people and vote. God help me to have a brave heart as we do battle at so many levels. From the highest choices to vote we to how I live my life on a daily basis.

Their cry was freedom in Braveheart, Jesus cry of freedom on the cross was, IT IS FINISHED. JESUS IS MY BRAVEHEART.


2 comments:

  1. Amen, Betty! It is Jesus who gives us all that brave heart we need to stand against tyranny and fight for freedom.
    Have a blessed Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said, Betty. I couldn't agree more. Jesus is our BRAVEHEART.

    ReplyDelete