Friday, July 19, 2024

 


The line in this quote spoke heavily to my heart. "There is nothing stronger than someone who continues to stay soft in a world that hasn't always been kind to them".

Often, I have allowed an unkindness done to me to harden my heart against others. I can become cynical and judgmental toward those who have hurt me. Let me repeat those few words that struct a cord in me.

There is nothing stronger, (wow, oh wow, kindness makes us stronger!) That alone should make one desire kindness. It's not really a natural feeling or act. It does take a look at our Savior to really understand what true kindness is. He gave out kindness toward those who beat Him, hung Him on a cross to die. Kindness was Him saying at the end, Father forgive them, they know not what they do.

Oh, that the kindness of Christ would flow as easy out of me as it did Him when I am treated with unkindness. We really cannot see the harm unkindness does to a person till we ourselves have it entreated to us.

Read the quote again, what stands out to you the most.
May be an image of tree and text that says 'Be the person who cares. Be the person who makes an effort, who loves without hesitation. Be the person who makes people feel seen. There is nothing stronger than someone who continues to stay-soft in a world that hasn't always been kind to them. DAILY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES facebook.com/d.i.quotes'
Like
Comment
Share

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Betty! A little kindness goes a long way in this hateful, spiteful world. May we shine the kindness and love of Jesus to everyone. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you do shine with it. I know you do in the blog world with your giving heart. So glad you and I are blog friends. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this is so true, kindness to others can remove the spiritual enemy that causes the opposite of kindness to enter our hearts and minds. God bless you with all the kindness we can learn from our Saviour Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thanks for stopping by my site and commenting. Its amazing how little kindness goes a long way to encouraging others. Blessings

      Delete