Thursday, September 26, 2024

Overwhelmed

 

October is almost here, and we start our ladies Bible study the second Wed. So, for a couple of months, I have prayed on what to do.  We did not complete our book, Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund.  We got halfway through then our summer break started.  My admonishment to the ladies was to finish it on their own.  (This is an excellent book on God's heart.)

So now, the decision lays on me as the teacher on what to do next.  I have three bible study books laid out before me, and I just ordered one more.  There so many good studies out there and it has overwhelmed me looking at them.  My norm is usually a book of the Bible, with maybe a bible study outline to go with it.  I could teach a topical study which really is easier, I think.  

My heart wants to teach something that will give them the big picture.  I am leaning toward our mission material that they use in remotes tribes, Creation to Jesus.  With all that is going on in this world we need a firm foundation to stand on as things get worst almost on a daily basis.  If I did not know who God is, who man is and what sin is, life would be scary right now.   God is an orderly God; we should not be surprised at our world today and how much worst it will get before Jesus returns for us.  

Thanks for letting me vent about being overwhelmed.  Just writing this out helped me and made me a little surer on what we will study next. I love teaching about the Lord and I do it in fear and trembling knowing and acknowledging how frail I am.   I need your prayers.  Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment